Saturday, 1 April 2017

Lunch at The Glynne Arms...

Spring is in the air and one sunny afternoon recently, I went out for lunch with a friend to the pretty village of Hawarden in Flintshire. I love trying new places and this was my first time dining at The Glynne Arms, a pub which places a strong emphasis on the use of local produce, with many dishes made with food from the neighbouring Hawarden Estate Farm Shop as well as Welsh and Cheshire suppliers. 




We soon settled in at our cosy table, the dining room has a relaxing ambience, with a fireplace and vintage signs adding to the charm. We started our meal with a portion of artisan bread and oils; the portion size was generous and the bread was deliciously moreish, cut in satisfying wedges.


For the main course, my dining companion ordered the shakshuka, local free range eggs baked in a spiced tomato sauce with brassicas, potatoes and cumin. The addition of yoghurt and dipping bread were the ideal accompaniments to this dish which was full of bold and tasty flavours.



I could not resist the fish & chips, a comfort food classic which is hard to beat when done well. The fish was a treat, the flaky fresh haddock fillet was coated in golden Wrexham lager batter and the chips, peas and chunky tartare sauce rounded this off perfectly. 


On to dessert and my dining companion went for the trifle, I liked this inventive take on a traditional trifle and the flavours of rhubarb and custard and Genoese sponge worked well together. 


The sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce got my vote; this is one of my favourite desserts and the rich sauce was indulgent with the vanilla ice cream.


We had a lovely time at The Glynne Arms and this was definitely one of those lunches which stretched on well in to the afternoon, which is always a good thing in my opinion!



The Glynne Arms
3 Glynne Way 
Hawarden
Deeside 
CH5 3NS



What do you all think, do you like dining somewhere new and which of these dishes would you like to try? As always I cannot wait to hear your thoughts and thank you so much for reading this post. 

Until next time,

Camille 

xo 

6 comments:

  1. I love dining out. I enjoy trying foods that I've never even heard of before (I ate my first avocado six years ago in a small restaurant in my city) and I'm a sucker for very aesthetically pleasing presentations. I would totally try the shakshuka, looks amazing!

    Agnese | Agnese's Coiffeuse

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that fish n chips look mouth watering <3

    Take care,
    Rizuna from A Well-dressed Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics
    www.treschic.fashion
    @mariajosegomezverdu

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food looks so good and the place is beautiful.

    Bernie, xx
    The Style Fanatic

    ReplyDelete