Thursday 28 September 2017

Trying the new menu at Olive Restaurant...

Certain restaurants always bring back great memories and for me, one such place is Olive Restaurant and Bar* on Castle Street in Liverpool, where we have been dining for years since way back when we first lived in the city. Now we live further out of town and it is still one of my favourite places to go for dinner when we head to Liverpool, we have spent many long evenings soaking up the atmosphere here over the years and the contemporary interior design and open kitchen give the restaurant a welcoming feeling. 


The menu consists of classic Italian dishes such as pizza and pasta, alongside steaks, seafood and lighter dishes. I sipped Prosecco as we consulted the menu (which is updated seasonally) and we decided on our usual appetiser at Olive, the garlic pizza bread with mozzarella, which has a thin and crispy base and just the right balance of garlic, melted cheese and a sprinkle of sea salt. 



I have been travelling a lot recently, so my starter of minestrone soup was just the comforting and homely dish I was in the mood for. This rustic soup can’t be beaten when done well, it is essentially so simple but this was packed with flavour from the seasonal vegetables and pasta and the addition of freshly made croutons with pesto worked well. 



My dining companion went for the deep fried brie with beetroot and onion chutney, a generous wedge of brie in a golden crumb which was cooked to perfection while the tangy chutney contrasted with the rich cheese. 


On to the main course and I just love gnocchi, so I ordered the roasted vegetable gnocchi which was delicious; served in a generous portion, the gnocchi dumplings were not too heavy and the mix of roasted vegetables added fresh flavours. 




Side orders of tenderstem broccoli with chilli and almonds and a portion of courgette fries (in my opinion always the best way to eat courgettes!) completed the meal. 



My dining companion chose the chicken Milanese with spaghetti and chorizo ratatouille. This hearty dish was a real winner, the tender chicken in golden crumb was stuffed with creamy mozzarella and oregano and the chorizo ratatouille added rich and smoky flavours. 


Time for dessert and ordering the Tiramisu trifle is a must at Olive, I find that sometimes restaurants can overstate this traditional dessert by adding too many twists but at Olive this classic is done just right; creamy and not too boozy it makes a sublime sweet treat to round off a meal. 


Our second dessert choice of vanilla cheesecake was equally good; the generous wedge of baked cheesecake had a subtle vanilla flavour and the tangy cherries and amaretti crumb added to the enjoyment. 



Another pleasant evening at Olive Restaurant and Bar, which is consistently reliable for great food and service, while the location makes it ideal to continue your evening afterwards at one of the many stylish bars in the surrounding area. 


Olive Restaurant and Bar
25-27 Castle St
 Liverpool
L2 4TA

http://oliverestaurants.uk.com/menus


What do you all think, do you like the sound of Olive and which of these dishes would you like to try? As always I cannot wait to hear your thoughts and thank you so much for reading this post.

Until next time,

Camille

xo


*I was invited to review Olive Restaurant and Bar. This meal was complimentary. Opinions expressed herein are my own and honest. 

8 comments:

  1. All of this looks absolutely incredible! The deep fried brie would be my absolute favourite

    Abi | abistreetx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks foir sharing such a great and delicious option. I hope I have the opportunity to visit Liverpool and stop by the Olive Restaurant!
    Have a nice start of the week,
    Vanessa

    http://thefashionstatement.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so yummy! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks all so delicious! you made me super hungry right now haha

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food looks so good! Yummy!

    xx, Maryam
    www.glamandposh.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks super delicious! Thank you for sharing!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good day
    Read my testimony! Getting ex back after a breakup.
    My boyfriend of a 2year just broke up with me and am 28 weeks pregnant. I have cried myself to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again. Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes, my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time. Generally he is a very nice guy, he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along. He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot. After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change. I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with. I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe. He texts me once and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy, he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy. I was really upset and I needed help, so I searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Ahmed can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and I did it then he did a spell for me. 28 hours later, my boyfriend came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my boyfriend are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Ahmed. as it is a place to resolve marriage/relationship issues, do you want to be sure if your spouse is being faithful to you or Do you want your Ex to come back to you Contact.: E-mail: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com call him on: +2348160153829 save your crumbling home. I suggest you contact him. He will not disappoint you.

    ReplyDelete