Thursday 19 May 2016

Dinner at the pub on a sunny evening...

I like to bring you a wide variety of food content here on Coco Cami, so that you can all find something to appeal to you here. It is funny because although it sounds like a cliché, I feel as though I know you all in person and that I am chatting to my friends when I write these posts. I like to keep that chatty and approachable feel here which is more informal than my writing style for print.
Anyway, after that rambling intro (!) down to business and last weekend we were not sure what to do on Friday evening so we decided to go up to the pub and have dinner in the garden there.


The Cottage Loaf is a quaint and traditional pub located just outside West Kirby in Thurstaston, Wirral. We decided on starters and mains because we were both feeling hungry after a long day. I had fish goujons which were crispy and golden served with a creamy dip.


My dining companion chose the garlic tear and share bread to start with, which was soft and doughy with an intense garlic flavour and a garnish of balsamic and salad leaves.



We ordered a bottle of chilled prosecco and soaked up the sun whilst we awaited our mains. I chose the lemon and chilli pappardelle with chicken; the portion size was good and the sauce was rich and creamy with a nice lemon flavour and just a hint of chilli. Pasta dishes served in a creamy sauce are a weakness of mine and this one was tasty and satisfying, a dish that I would order again.


My dining companion chose the southern fried chicken burger, a classic which is hard to beat when done well. The chicken burger was tender, served in a doughy sesame bun with accompaniments of crispy fries, chipotle sauce and coleslaw. All in all a well-rounded burger which was hearty and tasty, especially when enjoyed in the sunshine with a couple of drinks!


Even simple food like this can be so good when it is made the right way and this was a lovely way to spend a Friday evening.


We decided to skip desserts as we were full from the mains, but the desserts served to neighbouring tables looked tempting. The Cottage Loaf is part of the Old English Inns group, and it has been a regular favourite of ours for a while due to the large beer garden where it is perfect to soak up the sun (when it decides to shine that is!) we had such a nice meal at The Cottage Loaf and we will definitely be dining there more often over the summer as the food is good, portions are generous and prices are reasonable…best of all they serve chilled prosecco so if you needed any further convincing that should be enough!

The Cottage Loaf 
338 Telegraph Road 
Thurstaston 
CH61 0HJ 



What do you all think, have you ever dined at one of the Old English Inn locations and which of these dishes would you like to try? As always I cannot wait to hear your thoughts and thank you so much for reading this post.



Until next time,

Camille

xo


5 comments:

  1. All I can say is omg nom nom nom

    franalibi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear! I love it when bloggers talk to us readers as long time freinds because I feel like instead of reading a post I'm having a nice talk to someone known. :)
    As for the dishes, omg they all look so yummy! Pasta is also my weakness and your creamy pasta dish seems really tasty!
    Have a lovely weeked, dear.

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds absolutely delicious - my mouth is watering! :)
    - Ambar | Her Little Loves

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pasta!! That looks like a fantastic little place, perfect in the nice weather. :) x

    http://theanonymoustourist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete