Saturday 16 July 2016

Taking the Matcha challenge with Teapigs...

I think nowadays many of us lead such a hectic lifestyle that our health can take a back seat. Rushing here and there, work and having a social life too can contribute to feeling drained and lacking in energy. The idea of a handy way of feeling a little bit more energised is definitely appealing to me, so I was intrigued when I received a box of goodies from Teapigs recently. Matcha is something I have heard a lot about lately, it is made from 100% green tea leaves, grown under shade to increase their chlorophyll content and ground into a fine powder. The best part of this is that it is so easy to add to drinks such as juices, smoothies and hot and cold water. It is often drunk as a hot tea too, which is the most traditional way of drinking this. You can even add it to snacks such as yoghurt or cereal, making it convenient to have at any time when you sit down to eat or drink. Teapigs asked me to take the Matcha Challenge, taking Matcha every day for two weeks in a variety of recipes from mocktails to smoothies. 




Teapigs kindly sent me all the items I needed to do the challenge, the parcel contained Matcha sachets, an Aerolatte whisk, recipes and the challenge sheet with all the details.
I got organised adding the Matcha to drinks and snacks over the 14 days and it was so easy to make a variety of drinks with it but my favourite was definitely the Matcha latte. After a morning working from home I whisked up a Matcha latte with one of the sachets so I could have a break. 




Simply place ½ a teaspoon of Matcha powder into a latte glass or cup. Add a little milk and whisk, then top with hot milk. You can use almond milk, coconut milk, soya or dairy and add a little honey or agave to the drink to sweeten it. I settled down in the garden to read and sip my Matcha latte, which tasted refreshing and creamy. I did see a little spike in my energy levels over the 14 day Matcha challenge and I will be adding it to drinks whenever I can from now on as it is such a convenient way to be a little bit healthier. I often have late nights due to deadlines and events, so this is a quick and fuss-free way to give my energy a boost which fits in with my lifestyle. I also like the fact that the taste is not overpowering as I sometimes find that green tea can be too bitter, so I was happy to find that Matcha is not bitter at all. 


What do you all think, have you heard about the Matcha craze and have you tried any Matcha drinks yet?



As always I cannot wait to hear your thoughts and thank you so much for reading this post.


Until next time,


Camille


xo

4 comments:

  1. I've never tried matcha... but I would be interested to... :)

    franalibi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea - never tried matcha, not sure I'd like the flavour.

    http://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That 55 Dollar Shake looks like so much fun - naughty but nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you.
    matcha wholesale

    ReplyDelete