Tuesday 10 February 2015

A lunch date...

You know those friends who always make you smile, the kind you can talk about anything with and who make you laugh until your face aches? Well, today I was lucky enough to have a lunch date with my beautiful friend Claire who ticks every one of those boxes. We have been so busy lately that we have not had lunch in a while, and we arranged to meet at one of our favourite lunch date venues, The Wro Lounge in West Kirby, Wirral. We had a lovely table reserved on the elegant Chesterfield sofa, which is adorned with comfy cushions to make you feel even more at home. The lunch deal at The Wro Lounge is excellent value, at £9.95 for two courses or £12.95 for three. I chose the Chicken Satay Skewers as my starter, which come dressed with a delicious salad and Balsamic glaze, and are served with a delicately spiced Satay sauce. The skewers themselves are generously proportioned, and cooked to perfection with the tender chicken playing well against the fresh salad and rich peanut sauce.  Claire chose the Mackerel Pâté which is homemade and served with crunchy Melba Toast triangles. We ordered a glass of Pinot Grigio each to accompany the meal, well, a girly lunch date is not complete without a sneaky glass of vino after all! The Pinot Grigio with its light citrus notes, perfectly complemented the main course, for which we both chose the Cajun Chicken. I have eaten this many times before, and both Claire and I rave about how good it is every time. Tender breast of Chicken, served with white rice, chilli, spring onion, Cajun spicy sauce and cream. The marriage of flavours is exquisite and the level of spice is just right, with the spices in the dish adding a pleasant kick which is tempered by the cream swirled on top. 


There are so many lovely choices on the menu, that it always takes us a while to decide. Or perhaps it just takes us ages to decide because we are too busy talking! 




The delicious Chicken Satay Skewers. 


Delicious Starters!
 

Beautiful daffodils on the table. It is this kind of attention to detail which really sets a restaurant apart.



A close-up of the Cajun Chicken, because you know how much I love taking pictures of food!


The Cajun Chicken has to be my favourite dish at The Wro. Beautiful presentation and wonderful flavours. Succulent and tender chicken breast with rice, sliced chilli, spring onion, Cajun spicy sauce and cream. 


After enjoying our starters and mains, we were so full of amazing food that we waved away the dessert menu (with a note of regret of course!) and instead we opted to round off the perfect meal with two Cappuccinos. The coffee was rich and deep, just as coffee should be. 

It was, as always, a perfect meal and we had such a good time, and a wonderful long talk about everything which has been going on in our lives lately. Those kinds of lunches are always the best I find, when they are accompanied by a side order of good wine and even better conversation. I felt a real lightness of heart as we went our separate ways with a big hug and a promise not to leave it too long before our next lunch date. Thank you Claire for your lovely company and to The Wro Lounge for a wonderful meal. 

Grange Road
West Kirby 
Wirral 
CH48 4DY
0151 625 2010


So that is all for now everyone, I hope that you are all well and that you are having a good week so far. Remember, I love to read your sweet comments and I follow back my followers. Look out for my next post, which will be a review of The Art School restaurant in Liverpool, which I was lucky enough to be invited to review last week. The fine dining created there by renowned chef-patron Paul Askew was a revelation and I had the pleasure of having a long chat with him! I can't wait to share the review with you all. 

Thank you for reading this post!

Until next time, 

Camille 

xo. 

41 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Keri, it was delicious :)

      Camille xo

      Delete
  2. Looks so yummy and fun!
    xo, Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jane, it was fun :)

      Camille xo

      Delete
  3. The food looks yummy!

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so yummy

    Mel
    www.girlandthepolkadot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious!
    I hope you will follow me back.
    Marija
    http://mymiraculousbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Marija, I will definitely follow you :)

      Camille xo

      Delete
  6. Aah lunch with a bestie is so good... especially when the food looks as delicious as this! Looking forward to your fine dining review xx
    www.lovedbylaura.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Laura, that is so sweet of you :)

      Camille xo

      Delete
  7. The food looks amazing! It's so well presented! x
    Eden x / edenroses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Eden, it was really delicious :)

      Camille xo

      Delete
  8. sounds delicious! :)

    www.lifeinthefashionlanee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm looks delicious! I love little catchups with friends, even better over some yummy food!

    captaincharghley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Charlotte, it was so much fun :)

      Camille xo

      Delete
  10. Looks like a gorgeous restaurant! I wish I could try it. Lovely blog! www.dressdynamic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Stephanie, it is a lovely place for a lunch date :) I love your blog!

      Camille xo

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you very much Amy, they are good fun :)

      Camille xo

      Delete
  12. Another fab review! I only wish I lived nearby so I could try out all of these restaurants!! The chicken looks amazing and now I'm craving a nice coffee haha!

    Lovely post!

    Kay x
    Idreamofcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Kay, that is really kind of you :) I am always craving coffee lately, my addiction knows no bounds!

      Best wishes,

      Camille xo

      Delete
  13. Such a good value meal and it looks absolutely delicious! Wish we had places like that here xx


    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  14. This all looks so good. Nice blog. Let me know if you want to follow each other.

    www.thefancyfashioncastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's always great having lunch out with a friend :) Great pictures and it sounds amazing! xx

    Beyond The Velvet | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yum! Lunch and dinner out with friends is always awesome.


    Hannie at // CHAPTERS LIKE THIS //

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks yum! Oh and the daffodils on the table makes me happy, spring must be on its way! <3

    Love Lily x

    www.lilyroselo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. yummy!!! everything looks so tasty! wanna be there right now xx :)

    http://the-newone.blogspot.nl
    INSTAGRAM - hellodashi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Food looks so scrumptious. Catch up dates with a good friends is always the best

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. so yum!

    theautumnstreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. How lovely!!! I'm a huge fan of catching up with good friends, I always leave so inspired by life.
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Must be an amazing place to eat out! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog and for following me via Bloglovin. I have just follewed back. XO, Pippi

    http://misspippisstyle.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I recently had a dinner that had conversation just like that. My cheeks hurt from laughing so much and I missed two trains because I was caught up in it! Those are the best!
    Kari
    www.sweetteasweetie.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lunch dates are the best. Looks like you guys had some good food and good convo and thats a win in my book!

    ReplyDelete