Thursday 19 February 2015

It was a dark and stormy night...

It was a dark and stormy night...well, actually it was a rather blustery Wednesday afternoon in February, but that does not have quite the same ring to it! I am setting the scene of swashbuckling pirates and secret rendezvous by lamplight, because I was invited for a spot of lunch and a meeting at a place I have heard much about, The Smugglers Cove in Liverpool's historic Albert Dock. Running slightly late (as usual) I battled the blustery gales and half-term crowds to make my way to the fashionable spot, which sits nestled between other big name restaurants such as Circo and Pan Am. In fact, the Albert Dock is a great place to head for when you want a bite to eat in Liverpool, with several places to choose from.  I finally made it and rushed inside, feeling rather windswept! I was soon restored by the candlelit ambiance and a Black Cherry Martini which was sharp and refreshing. Well shiver my timbers...!
I made it!

 Black Cherry Martini.


Inside the restaurant is just the right side of kitsch, with the pirate theme clear to see. Some of the desserts are served in skulls and there are swords hanging on the walls. Lanterns adorn many areas and there is a huge chandelier which can't fail to catch your eye. After chatting for a while we finally got to my favourite part, ordering food!
 Going with the seafaring theme, I chose Scampi and Chips which came well presented with the chips served in a shell and the scampi in a treasure chest. I thought this was such a cute touch! Sausage and Mash came presented on an enamel plate with a little jug of gravy. The pot of tea was served in pretty shabby-chic floral china. The food itself was tasty and good value for the Albert Dock, just what you would expect from somewhere if you want a quick bite to eat. There are a wide range of options available, from lighter bites served on a deli board to the heartier option of half a roast chicken. 

 Where is Captain Jack Sparrow when you need him?

The bar area, filled with plenty of rum to keep those Pirates happy!





 Sausage and mash.


 Scampi and chips.

Sticky Toffee Pudding.

 The Albert Dock.

 The cute menus at Smugglers Cove.

The eye catching chandelier.

 Slightly blurry- I think I need to invest in a tripod soon! I love the reflections though!


 I declined a dessert, but the Sticky Toffee Pudding looked (and I was told tasted) delicious. After a quick glass of wine to round of the meal, we set sail for new horizons!

What have you all been up to this week? Remember, I love to read your sweet comments and I follow back my followers.

Until next time,

Camille 

 xo.


27 comments:

  1. I could never turn down sticky toffee pudding!

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! Everything looks delicious!

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cocktail looks great
    lovely tea pot!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are stunning!! Hmm food looks yummy!!

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome there

    Mel
    www.girlandthepolkadot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, these photos are amazing! And the food.... Yum!

    Hannie | CHAPTERS LIKE THIS

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food and pictures look awesome, couldn't turn down the sticky toffee pudding
    x
    http://bffbestfootforward.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my I would love to visit this place, love themed restaurants a lot.

    http://thinkworkandgo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures! The food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been dying to go to smugglers cove for a while, so many people have told me how nice it is. I think I need to go ASAP!
    www.liannabell.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. the food looks so yummy :)


    http://terramcd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that looks such a cool little restaurant and the food looks delicious!

    Kathryn
    nimblenote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. i like the style of your blog, good pictures, perfect. I follow you now
    we see us on
    glitzerpo.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the theme of this restaurant, such a fun concept and I love how the chips were served on a shell! :)

    www.lifeinthefashionlanee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this place!!! I am such a sucker for a pirate or tiki bar. It looks amazing!
    Kari
    www.sweetteasweetie.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never heard of this place before but it looks amazing. I love how themed everything is and how they put the scampi in a small treasure box. If I am ever in Liverpool, I definitely have to try this place out. Thanks for the great tip!

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh, that place is so lovely! I love how it has a rustic charm to it and the food looks simple but good! What a great review of the restaurant.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such beautiful place! Wish I could go there someday :)

    www.navellina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The black cherry martini looks awesome!
    Becca | theBeautyInbox

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Albert Dock looks really picturesque and I love a bit of kitsch!

    Suze | LuxuryColumnist

    ReplyDelete
  21. This place looks absolutely fantastic! I would LOVE to dine here someday.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You took all these pictures? Beautiful!!!

    http://miralabelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I had sticky toffee pudding on Saturday, well done you for declining I'm not sure I could haha! Could just drink that cocktail, it looks delicious!

    Kay xx
    Idreamofcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely pictures! I really liked how they served scampi in a little chest. It's so cute and different.

    www.lifelovebeautyparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love Smugglers Cove!! My boyfriend is from Liverpool and it's one of my favourite places when we go out up there! x

    www.ellebloggs.com

    ReplyDelete