Saturday 28 February 2015

Lazy Saturday...

Let's face it, we have all been there. Sometimes you go out for the evening only intending to stay out for a couple of hours...the next thing you know, you wake up the next morning feeling a little 'delicate' and still wearing the make up you had on the night before. This was the scenario I found myself in this morning after an amazing night at Amanzi in Liverpool, and one too many cocktails. I thought I would share with you how I recover on those delicate days...!
First I pamper my poor neglected skin with a mini facial, which is super quick and easy. I wash my face with Nivea Refreshing Facial Wash Gel then I refresh it further by sweeping Nivea 3 in 1 Micellar Cleansing Water over it with cotton wool. Next I apply my lifesaver, L'Oreal Revitalift Repair 10 Day Cream which feels lovely and super hydrating for tired skin. Then it is on to make up which by this point is the only option to avoid me scaring everybody who sees me. Zombie face is not my best look, so I apply Rimmel BB Cream and Match Perfection Concealer, followed by Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. This foundation is a real hero product for those off days as it peps up pale skin. Next, I contour with Collection Bronzing Powder. I waken up my tired eyes applying Naked 3 Palette eye shadows and layers of Maybelline Colossal Volume Cat Eyes Mascara. By this point I may look vaguely human, so I add a bit more colour to my face with Me Me Me Blush in Coral. On my lips, I line them with a neutral lip liner and fill them with Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in 02 'Beige Trench' before applying a layer of shimmery lipgloss to make my lips look fuller. After that, I like to relax with a good book for an hour, at the moment I am reading The Misbegotten by Katherine Webb, an intriguing story of love and lies. I always love the poems of John Keats, one of my favourite poets along with John Betjeman and Robert Burns. I love this book on the paintings of Kandinsky too, what a genius and I see something different in his work every time I look at his paintings.




The finished make up look is fairly minimal, and it makes your skin look fresh and dewy. To add more life to my skin I usually skip powder for this look.


 I don't actually need to wear glasses, but I love to hide out behind these 'geek' style glasses when I have a hangover. I just find they make me look a bit more awake somehow!


Another great tip to look more awake is to tie your hair back in a high ponytail. This lifts your face and makes your cheekbones look more defined which is never a bad thing when I need all the help I can get! A snug sweater and a slouchy t-shirt is my essential attire, along with some comfy boyfriend jeans!

After all of that, it is time to head out for a coffee and some junk food. I am sorry to those devotees of slow-food and fine-dining but sometimes nothing sorts you out like a burger and fries!


So that is all from me for now everyone, I hope that you are all having a lovely weekend and don't forget to check back soon for my next post all about a wine and cheese tasting I was invited to recently. I would love to hear what you all do to recover on days when you have stayed out too late the night before! Remember, I love to read your sweet comments and I follow back my followers. Thank you for reading this post! 

Until next time, 

Camille 

xo.

28 comments:

  1. That food look so good , just made me hungry lol. :]

    http://terramcd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos!

    http://bluecoastofdreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos!

    http://bluecoastofdreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glasses and your Pink Floyd tee! That food looks really good too :)
    Lucy @ Lucy—Loves xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post - I love a good high pony for those "really cba" days (basically me every single day at work!)

    jobrlw.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lashes are so pretty and long. I am envious!

    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that lazy sundays! thx for sharing dear..

    would you like to follow each other?
    http://angeliqueprefers.blogspot.gr/2015/02/casual-in-dusseldorf.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pictures! The food though.. Unf.

    hannie | chapters like this

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have flawless skin

    P.S. My blog has moved to http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) very sweet of you!

      Camille xo

      Delete
  11. That food looks amazing - we all need a lazy Saturday sometimes.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lizzie, lazy Saturday's are the best thing ever :)

      Best wishes,

      Camille xo

      Delete
  12. Your makeup is amazing! I love Naked3 but I haven't really mastered it yet.
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kat, I love Naked 3 too :)


      Camille xo

      Delete
  13. What a good kit, I find those and eyedrops are very helpful for when i'm 'delicate'
    Natalie's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie, I agree, eye drops are essential :)

      Best wishes,

      Camille xo

      Delete
  14. Nothing like a burger and chips to cure a hangover!
    Nom!
    Becca | theBeautyInbox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Becca, I agree :)

      Camille xo

      Delete
  15. Like the products! X

    www.carlaginola.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you very much Diana :)

    Camille xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. You don't look like you had a late night at all, you actually look really fresh! Love the makeup, might give it a try when I barely have any sleep the night before due to the baby waking up again and again. LOL!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shireen, really sweet of you! This is definitely an easy look for when you have a late night lol!

      Camille xo

      Delete
  18. Love the makeup!! And that food looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, I wish I had the energy to go through that processing after a wild night because I might be suffering from a huge hangover and don't want to leave my bed.

    http://thinkworkandgo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Camille! Thank you for your awesome tips! :) I agree with the last you have said, I love burger and fries!!! :D

    Lucia Gallego Blog
    Lucia Gallego Blog Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great post and a lovely natural make up look. I am after trying a Micellar water so I may have a look at the Nivea!

    Please check out my latest post if you get a chance ! :-)

    http://aprilhannahblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete