Saturday 24 February 2018

Healthy snacking with Hippeas...


I have to admit that sometimes when I am having a busy week, eating well slips to the bottom of the agenda and I find myself realising that I have not eaten anything for hours. This is ironic of course considering that I am a food writer and I love food, but I enjoy eating more when I have good company to share a meal with, so during the day I do not always make a priority of eating. With this in mind, I am always happy to hear about tasty and filling snacks which I can easily carry in my handbag for those moments when hunger rears its head. I was recently sent a box of Hippeas to try and they are just the thing when it comes to healthy snacking on the go and they come in several tasty varieties including 'cheese & love', 'far out fajita' and 'sweet & smokin'.


Hippeas are organic, gluten free and suitable for vegans too. I was kindly sent a big box to try, food is my favourite delivery to receive in the post! They are tasty and surprisingly filling too. 


Hippeas are the perfect snack for those busy days as they are so easy to carry around with you and the flavours are appetising. I tried all three varieties over the weekend, and they were the ideal treat when I settled down with a coffee (or a glass of wine!) and a magazine. 


These would a great accompaniment to a light lunch of a salad or sandwich and they are perfect to share with a friend while watching a movie. It is nice to have the enjoyment of a savoury snack without the high fat and calories in most packets of crisps and Hippeas come in at 90 calories per bag which is not bad.


For every bag of Hippeas sold, they donate to Farm Africa. They are high in fibre, a source of protein and free from trans-fats and MSG. I think these will be a regular fixture in my bag for those busy days and my favourite flavour has to be the far out fajita which are slightly spicy. Made from chickpeas and with the philosophy of tasting good and doing good, these are a snacking winner.




Check out Hippeas here:

www.hippeas.com

What do you all think, do you like the sound of Hippeas and which of the flavours would you like to try? As always I cannot wait to hear your thoughts and thank you so much for reading this post.

Until next time,

Camille

xo



15 comments:

  1. sounds like an interesting snack.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know there was a fajita flavour! I've tried the cheese and smokin ones and they're amazing and I also recently discovered the salt and vinegar and herb ones which are amazing!

    franalibi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sound like the perfect snack!
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm, that seems so good! I would love to try this!!
    You really have a wonderful blog so I am your new follower now (601). I love your posts, keep publishing!

    I would appreciate if you visit me at: What's up, Ivy? . so we can stay in touch. :)
    Kisses from Croatia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I forget to eat too. I get busy, stressed and just forget. These sound so good! When I was a kid cheese doodles were my favorite snack. As an adult I like the healthier version.

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love discovering new and healthy snacks. Chickpeas are one of my favorite and these puffed snacks look incredible. Thanks for sharing! xoxo, Christine
    http://dailykongfidence.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried these! But boy do they look relish :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm those are so delicious!! I love when you find a snack you love and it happens to be healthy too :)

    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these too!! Xx

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Samtm-wwUIw

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so perfect to carry in your bag for days when you're always on the go. They look so yummy!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect snack dear!!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: STREET STYLE: MY MIX AND MATCH
    DON'T MISS: MY MORNING ROUTINE WITH RITUALS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm yummy!

    xx
    Graciella // @gegeciella
    www.graciellashiaryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. They sound really tasty!! :)
    kisses
    Agnese & Elisa
    http://desiresinstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks delicious!
    xoxo

    https://sosweetgirlythings.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete