Wednesday 24 June 2015

Wax on, wax off at Miyagi Liverpool...

I recently decided on a whim to have lunch at Miyagi in Liverpool. This new Japanese inspired restaurant has recently opened and everyone has been talking about it. It comes from the same people who are behind the hugely popular Mexican street food restaurants Lucha Libre, and Miyagi is their latest venture.
It opened a few weeks ago and I have been eager to give it a try for myself after hearing great reviews. I was walking down Bold Street last Monday feeling hungry after a meeting and I decided that I would treat myself to a delicious lunch there. Eating alone does not bother me, I am used to going to restaurants alone by now as I regularly review them. I had the laptop with me, so I knew that I could catch up on some work whilst I was there too.
I was given a warm welcome and led through the sumptuous bar area to a cosy table at the back of the restaurant, where plenty of people were already seated for lunch. I love the decor of Miyagi, which features exposed brickwork, velvet booths, elegant lighting and plenty of art adorning the walls.
I ordered a glass of white wine, which was chilled to perfection and deliciously fruity. I perused the menu at length, debating what to order and I decided to skip having a starter since I was dining alone but instead went for the 'Mr M's famous karate katsu curry with pineapple and chilli fried rice' this is billed as being one of the dishes for 'big and sumo appetites' which seems to perfectly sum my appetite up! 
When the katsu arrived I was certainly not disappointed with the huge platter of crispy katsu chicken fillet coated in traditional panko breadcrumbs, accompanied by a large portion of pineapple and chilli fried rice. The mild curry sauce is served on the side of this dish, which I think is a great touch as you can pour as much or as little as you want on to the chicken. 
The chicken was absolutely melt-in-the-mouth perfect with a crispy coating which gave way to tender chicken. Meanwhile, the pineapple and chilli fried rice was sweet and savoury at the same time, with a pleasantly fiery chilli kick. The curry sauce was heavenly and not overpowering, so it really allowed the flavours of the chicken and the rice to shine through. I devoured the whole plate quicker than a sumo wrestler ever could!




 There is an extensive menu to choose from at Miyagi with so many delicious options such as Bento boxes, noodle dishes and Teriyaki steak. Yum! The service at the restaurant is absolutely flawless and I was checked on regularly throughout the meal by the lovely staff who chatted away to me about the different menu items. Top class service such as this really sets a restaurant apart and keeps you coming back time and again. Aside from the wonderful food and decor, the friendly atmosphere really put an extra smile on my face. There is also a list of decadent sounding cocktails available which looked amazing when I saw them being delivered to neighbouring tables!







 I could not resist ordering a dessert so I went for Mr M's chocolate brownie spring rolls with coconut ice cream and chilled plum sake. I always think a dessert which combines hot and cold is a winner and the dreamy warm melted chocolate inside the crispy and sweet spring rolls went so well with amazing coconut ice cream. Coconut ice cream is one of my all time favourites and it is so difficult to find, so I was delighted to have it in Miyagi! This sinfully sweet dessert was divine and the chilled plum sake was a really nice touch too, as was the fruit compote served on the side..

Mr M's chocolate brownie spring rolls with coconut ice cream and chilled plum sake.

 The most delicious latte which I rounded off my meal with.


I answered a few emails, had a chat with some friendly Miyagi faces (lovely to meet you!) and sipped a rich latte before setting off into the afternoon filled with happiness. I had a super time at Miyagi and I absolutely loved every second of it. The food was out of this world and the kindness of the staff really made me feel welcome. I cannot wait to go back again soon as I am already craving more of the amazing katsu and the chocolate brownie spring rolls which were dreamy. I am looking forward to trying more dishes from the large menu and and of course I will be sampling one or two of the cocktails too! I wish Mr M and the team every success for the future! 


Miyagi 
77 Bold Street 
Liverpool
L1 4EZ

0151 329 0222

Twitter: @MisterMiyagis

What do you all think, would you like to sample the delights of Miyagi? I can't wait to hear your thoughts and thank you so much for reading this post!

Until next time,

Camille

xo

7 comments:

  1. Haha what a cute concept. The latte looks super delicious. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha what a cute concept. The latte looks super delicious. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious, love these pics!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a fun place to go to - themes can be really enjoyable in restaurants when done right! That katsu curry sounds delicious too! x

    Laura | Loved By Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun place to eat at

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete