Monday 18 April 2016

Afternoon drinks with Funkin Cocktails...

Cocktails in the garden is something I always like the sound of, so I was hoping for sunshine last weekend when I had the opportunity to collaborate with Funkin Cocktails* and try out some of their products for an impromptu cocktail party. Luckily, the sun decided to shine as we gathered in the garden at my family home in Derbyshire for a few afternoon drinks. I love making cocktails, but I have to confess that the amount of ingredients involved in making some of them puts me off, so I was happy to get the chance to try these quick and easy cocktail mixers. 



 I love the fact that these cocktail mixes are so easy to use, so even if like me you are not a skilled cocktail mixologist, you can still have fun making everything from an Elderflower Collins to a Passionfruit Martini in no time at all. These are ideal for parties, barbecues or dinner gatherings because they are so fuss-free. 
I picked out three of the mixes to road test during the afternoon, the Passionfruit Martini, Hollywood Berry and Strawberry Woo Woo. Funkin Cocktails had thoughtfully included a cocktail shaker and stirrer, so I got busy mixing up the goods. It was an informal and chilled out vibe as we relaxed in the sunshine, reading and grazing on snacks including salted caramel popcorn.



First up was the Strawberry Woo Woo which was a hit with everybody, a sweet and tasty strawberry mix which tasted so good with a shot of vodka shaken in the mixer and served over ice with a garnish of fresh strawberries. This is the ideal drink for a sunny afternoon.






Next up was the Passionfruit Martini, a tropical treat evocative of white sand beaches and turquoise waters. Sigh. This was dangerously moreish and I loved that it was sweet but not overly so. There was a real holiday feeling in the air with all of the cocktails flowing, and as the sun started to dip we decided to have one last drink.




The sun miraculously continued to shine as I got to grips with the third cocktail of the afternoon, the Hollywood Berry cocktail. This was refreshing and again went perfectly with vodka, but it can also be mixed with gin if you prefer. I could easily imagine a big pitcher of this on a hazy afternoon with friends, with the barbecue sizzling away in the background it would make the perfect summer drink to share.




What do you all think, have you ever tried any Funkin Cocktail mixers and which of these cocktails would you like to try? As always I cannot wait to hear your thoughts and thank you so much for reading this post.


Until next time,


Camille


xo



*Disclaimer
I was sent a selection of samples by Funkin Cocktails. Opinions expressed herein are my own. 

3 comments:

  1. Love this post!!!!!! Those cocktails look great in the sunshine!!! How luck were you being able to sit outside and enjoy them!!! Perfect! I too will be working with Funkin Cocktails, so I've my fingers crossed for a sunny day so I can take pics outside!!! =P hehe! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cocktails sound yummy.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! That's soo cool!

    Please check my Blog!! :)

    http://www.alessabernal.com/

    Alessa Bernal :)

    ReplyDelete