Wednesday 20 April 2016

Make up masterclass with Elle B...

I love make-up so much and the power it has to transform and make me feel ready for what the day may bring. I have several bulging make-up bags at home and I always feel much more confident when I am wearing make-up. Nevertheless I tend to stick to the same make-up routine most days, so I definitely felt in need of learning a few new ideas and I was happy to be invited along to a Masterclass event recently held by the make-up artist Elle B with Chic Events at 60 Hope Street in Liverpool. 



I arrived fashionably late (luckily only by a couple of minutes) and I took my seat where a cupcake, glass of champagne and luxury goody bag awaited me. There was also a notebook and pen at each place setting so that we could make notes during the course of the evening.
Elle had already started to apply make-up to Sophia, her first model of the evening. She talked us through all of the steps in detail, including what products she was using and also the techniques, which was so useful as I have to confess I just apply my make up in a hurry! It was great to hear insider tips from a professional.



 Elle told us about how to use a beauty blender effectively (dampen it first!) and that starting off with light make-up and building it up is the key to eyebrows looking perfectly groomed. Elle was so informative and we all watched fascinated as she applied a stunning make-up look to Sophia, with bronze eyes, contouring and shimmer. Elle was trained by Mario, a professional make-up artist who has often worked with Kim Kardashian so she trained with the best. Elle does not use primer on her clients, I never use primer either so that was good to know! She uses Giorgio Armani foundation, Benefit Hula bronzer and several products by MAC, Charlotte Tilbury, Anastacia Beverly Hills, Tarte and Urban Decay. Elle also recommended Zoeva brushes, as a great range of brushes which are still affordable. There were many tips which I had not heard before, such as using bronzer as an eye shadow and applying concealer beneath the eyebrows. Sophia looked beautiful before, and her finished make-up look was simply gorgeous with soft and glowing elements which really complemented her fresh young skin, finished off with Charlotte Tilbury ‘Hepburn Honey’ lipgloss


The next model of the evening Rebecca was given a wearable look which featured an orange eye colour ‘red brick’ by MAC. I loved this statement eyeshadow look, which Elle explained is easily wearable as it complements most skin tones. 



The Masterclass lasted for three hours and we were given so many great tips by Elle. It was my first time seeing a professional make-up artist at work and it was such a pleasure to see her and pick up some useful knowledge of how to apply make up with such finesse.

What do you all think, have you ever attended a make-up masterclass and what products do you use everyday? As always I cannot wait to hear your thoughts and thank you so much for reading this post.

Follow Elle on Twitter @ellebmua and Instagram @ellebmakeup


Until next time, 


Camille 


xo 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely event - make up tutorial, champagne and cupcakes! I'm always looking for new make up tips

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an amazing event, champers and a cupcake, can't go wrong with that haha!
    Tenz
    www.shesabouthatlife.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete